- Students are at different points in their learning and have different learning needs
- School structures and processes result in some students’ learning needs not being identified and met
- Make sure every student is engaged and making good progress
- A curriculum structure based on evidence of how essential knowledge, skills and understandings typically develop
- Valuing teachers’ understandings of the nature of progress and how instruction influences learning
- Assessments of current attainment and long-term learning progress used to inform decision making
Professor Geoff Masters AO
Australian Council for Educational Research
Professor Richard Lehrer
Professor Dianne Siemon
Professor Mark Wilson
University of California, Berkeley and University of Melbourne
Research Conference 2021 is an online event.
16–19 August, online conference
$150 AUD per person
20 August, online webinar
$120 AUD per person
Conference registration and masterclass registration are separate events. To attend both, please register for each event.
Stay up to date
Masterclass: Learning Progressions
The half-day online masterclass will work with the latest iteration of ACER’s learning progressions for reading and mathematics. Participants will review the theoretical background and development of the learning progressions, and explore how they can be used to measure attainment and monitor growth, to plan lessons, and to provide useful feedback to students and parents.
This ACER online masterclass is mapped to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
$120 AUD per person.
Masterclass registration does not include conference registration.