- Students are at different points in their learning and have different learning needs
- School structures and processes result in some students’ learning needs not being identified and met
- Make sure every student is engaged and making good progress
- A curriculum structure based on evidence of how essential knowledge, skills and understandings typically develop
- Valuing teachers’ understandings of the nature of progress and how instruction influences learning
- Assessments of current attainment and long-term learning progress used to inform decision making
Key note speakers
Prof. Geoff Masters AO
Chief Executive Office, ACER
Emeritus Professor, RMIT
Prof. Rich Lehrer
Mark Scott AO
NSW Department of Education
Stay up to date
Masterclass: Learning Progressions
This half-day masterclass will be divided into two parts.
Part 1: Participants will review the theoretical background, development and intended uses of ACER’s Learning Progressions, and get acquainted with them using the online Learning Progression Explorer.
Part 2: Participants will split into groups with a focus on either reading or mathematics. Each group will undertake guided activities that involve either working individually or in smaller groups.